Saturday, May 7

What's a Magazine, Mommy?

Spring edition - latest issue
There are still some passionate people who thinks 'print' when pursuing true originality. Cathy Olmedillas is one of them. She is founder and editor of Anorak (UK), a quarterly children's magazine launched in 2006 and now sold in 22 countries around the world. Obviously, she is a magazine lover. In an interview published in the latest issue of WHAT'S NEXT? she explains the need she felt to share her passion for magazines with her son.

Excerpt:
"I had this nightmarish vision of my son, 20 years down the line, saying 'What's a magazine, Mommy?' And I felt, that can't possibly happen. I was brought up with magazines and they meant a lot to me because you found yourself reading things in them that made it feel like they were talking to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment