Saturday, April 2

Image Tracking

Confusing picture isn't it? Love it when people send me original stuff to write about. Printed media still inspire creative people.But that's not the point of this blog post.


I was glad for the mail with the picture but there remain unanswered questions: is this picture popular? Can I find more information? And eventually: where can I find the same picture with a better resolution?


My boyfriend gives me a good tip to start my investigation: www.tineye.com. It's amazing: upload an image or enter the url and keep your fingers crossed.




Obviously, this one is popular among geek websites (what's in a name?) and bloggers. 


I can find 1000 reasons to use this tool: to check the profile picture of someone you're dating with on the internet, to measure the popularity of a picture uploaded on flickr, and for the control freaks: in order to be sure that no one is 'misusing' them, ... Or why not: to try to find the author (good luck with that one, it's a noble enterprise).

No comments:

Post a Comment